So this is not the beginning of my programing experience but a step in a new direction. Taking on new ideas and programing languages to complete my goals that will mostly be open source and open hardware. Mostly I have been programing in C and C++ with a dash of ASM, PHP, and javaScript for the past seven years. Mostly working on freelance closed source software, in some cases working with other software devs in many different parts of the world, while other projects that where all on my own. All of which were always Windows based. While looking back now was always enjoyable.
As the years have gone on though, I have found that I my taste in
software-only development has diminished and I have started moving my direction towards programing and interfacing software with embedded
systems. So the best of both worlds in my view. Prototyping hardware is
something that I love to do, and continue to grow at(which to be honest
is not all that extensive as of this moment).
But since the days of only being able to program on Windows, I've gone back to my roots in linux. I have been using linux since my first day of booting Slackware 3.1 (aka "Slackware 96") which was in, you might have guessed 1996. And linux has come a really long way since then. 0.0
Anyway what I expect to do as I go on, is to stick to some open source projects that I plan to work on while implementing C, C++, Python, Qt, and GTK+ with some bash shell while including options that even include the Arduino, Raspberry Pi and any other prototyping platforms that I may get my hands on.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment